Redpath Bruce has been managing residential property for over 110 years.
At Redpath Bruce we provide a professional property management service, with responsibility for the areas of a development under common ownership. We specialise in all types of property from traditional tenements to modern blocks of flats and grounds maintenance. Each property has a dedicated property manager who is fully conversant with all matters relating to that property.
As agent we would expect to be involved in :
- Making regular visits to properties.
- Appointing an insurance broker to arrange common insurance at competitive rates.
- Arranging common repairs and seeking competitive tenders where appropriate.
- Organising maintenance contracts such as cleaning, gardening, lifts, life safety systems etc.
- Administering play areas and leisure facilities.
- Settling tradesmens’ accounts.
- Apportioning property charges and issuing invoices to Owners at agreed intervals.
- Administering property sinking funds for cyclical maintenance.
- Attending owners meetings.
- Assisting with the establishment of Residents’ Associations.
- Dealing with day to day enquiries from our clients and Residents’ Associations.
Our strengths lie in our approachable, knowledgeable and efficient staff who are supported by experienced senior personnel and Directors.
Should you wish a quotation for management services at your property please contact us.
At Redpath Bruce we provide a full management service, with responsibility for the areas of a building under common ownership or where there are shared facilities between occupiers.
Each building has a dedicated property manager who is fully conversant with all matters relating to that property.
As Agent we would expect to be involved in issues such as:
- Making regular visits to site.
- Appointing an insurance broker to arrange insurances at competitive rates.
- Arranging repairs and seeking competitive tenders where appropriate.
- Organising maintenance contracts such as cleaning, grounds maintenance, lifts, life safety systems etc.
- Employing cleaners, caretakers and other staff.
- Carrying out additional services imposed by FRI leases.
- Allocating all charges in accordance with Titles, Deeds of Condition or Leases.
- Informing owners of relevant new legislation.
Our strengths lie in the fact that we specialise in management and do not treat it as on ‘add on’ service. We have extremely knowledgeable, approachable and efficient staff, who are supported by experienced senior personnel and Directors.
As part of our management service we offer to place a range of common insurances. To ensure the best policy coverage, good claims service, widest marketing and most competitive rates we appoint an independent insurance broker to arrange the insurances. Detail of any insurance that we may place on your behalf is available in the ‘My Property’ section of the website or by contacting your property manager.
As a minimum we require that all properties under our management have in place a common Property Owners’ Liability policy which covers the owners for any costs awarded against them to a third party should that third party have suffered an injury or loss as a result of an accident at the owners’ property.
Depending on owners’ requirements we may also place other insurances such as:
Comprehensive Buildings Insurance which covers the fabric and permanent fixtures of the building. It may also include an element for communal contents, such as stair carpets. It will not include private contents. The insurance provides cover to re-build or re-instate following damage suffered as a consequence of an insured peril such as fire, storm, break-in, escape of water.
Terrorism Insurance is cover purchased by property owners to cover their potential losses and liabilities that might occur due to terrorist activities.
Engineering Insurance There are statutory requirements for lifts to be inspected at prescribed frequencies. Engineering Insurance includes for the necessary inspections along with cover in the event of damage either to the lift or caused by the lift as a result of an insured peril.
Employers Liability Insurance If staff are directly employed on a development such as a concierge or cleaner then the owners are responsible for their health and safety. This insurance will enable the owners to meet the cost of compensation for their employee’s injuries or illness sustained as a result of their work at the development.
What will you pay us for providing this service?
We do not charge a fee for placing the insurance. The insurance broker receives a commission directly from the insurer. We carry out a number of the tasks that would normally be carried out by the broker including the administration and issue of policy documentation, certificates and endorsements, billing services and claims assistance. For providing these services the broker shares with us their commission received from the insurer.
Re-instatement Cost Assessment for Buildings Insurance Purposes
It is each owners’ responsibility to ensure that the sum insured on their building is adequate. In other words that the sum insured would be sufficient to fully re-instate the building, including costs for demolition, site clearance and professional fees in the event of a total loss.
The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors recommends that properties should be valued every 5 years to ensure that the correct sum insured is in place.
Redpath Bruce can arrange for re-instatement cost assessments (insurance valuations) to be carried out by suitably qualified Surveyors, if requested by the owners.
In between valuations it is recommended that sums insured are increased in line with the Building Cost Index to ensure that they remain up to date. This is called index-linking.
Redpath Bruce LLP is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Redpath Bruce Property Management Ltd is an Appointed Representative of Redpath Bruce LLP.